The short answer to this question is NO, it’s not too late. Of course, this answer may not be enough to overcome any anxiety and hesitation you may have. But there are several positive reasons that explain why it makes sense to get braces when you’re an adult:
- You’re not the only adult who’ll be wearing braces. Braces have become quite common, and in some circles, it’s actually a rather trendy practice. Nowadays about a million adults in the US and Canada are sporting braces.
- Celebrities are using them too. Tom Cruise had ceramic braces at the age of 40. Country superstar Faith Hill wore them when she sashayed on the red carpet at the 2013 Grammys, and she looked gorgeous even though she had braces at 45 years of age!
- Braces are not all that conspicuous. We’ve all seen the movies with awkward kids wearing braces, but that won’t happen to you. That’s because the latest technology uses less conspicuous bands and brackets that are minuscule. In addition, you can select “invisible” braces that are virtually unnoticeable.
- They’re affordable. As an adult, you’re likely to have dental insurance that can cover the cost. Even without insurance, many dentists offer flexible payment plans that can help fit your budget.
- Braces keep your teeth straight. Adults may have crooked teeth due to health issues, sports injuries, or even just natural growth. Braces will move the teeth back to their proper position.
- It improves the way you chew. If you’re having trouble biting into or chewing food, braces can solve the problem by fixing your bite. This will enhance your dining experience and boost your interest in food.
- It improves the quality of your smile. Having a better smile seems like a small thing but has a large effect on your whole life. A better smile can make you look friendlier and more approachable which enhances your social life to a considerable degree. You’ll find that parties are somehow more fun as you meet new people, and first dates tend to become more pleasurable.
A confident and beautiful smile is also indispensable in the workplace. It makes a terrific first impression during job interviews and meeting new clients and customers. You’ll interact better with your coworkers. When you have a great smile, it’s natural for other people to like you—and to appreciate your work, services, and products.
- 8. It boosts your self-confidence. When you know you look better and you feel better because your teeth are straighter, you can’t help but feel more confident about yourself.
So if you have crooked teeth, don’t hesitate to discuss with us. You’re not the first adult who asked their dentist about braces, and you certainly won’t be the last. It’s simply never too late to have straight teeth and a beautiful smile.